- Code Enforcement
- Neighborhood Code
Code Enforcement strives to keep all properties in compliance through education, community policing and building relationships with our citizens. The Code Enforcement Department aims to strengthen neighborhoods by preventing the deterioration of housing and commercial properties, through the enforcement and abatement of code violations. Property owners and tenants are equally responsible for the care of their premises.
The Code Enforcement Department encourages all residents to know the code and keep our community free from health and safety risks. Removing the public nuisances within each neighborhood will reduce related criminal activity and preserve property values.
"Neighborhood Beautification Through Education"
Common Code Violations
- Overgrown Grass and Weeds
- Keeping/Storing or Accumulating Rubbish and Refuse
- Maintaining a Building in a Manner that is Structurally Unsafe
- Recreational Vehicle and Trailer Parking and/or Occupancy
- Junked Vehicles
The City of Snyder allows each current water customer the ability to have a roll off dumpster delivered to their property for clean up. The dumpsters are delivered to the properties and left for up to two days. However, roll off dumpsters delivered to an address on Fridays will be picked up on the following Monday.
What Is A Roll Off Dumpster and What Is It Used For
A roll off dumpster is a rectangular open top bin which is delivered on the back of a truck and set in place for the duration of the time it is due to be left at the location. It can be delivered and parked, free of charge to a residential property which has a current/active water, sewer, and sanitation service with the City of Snyder.
Renting A Roll Off Dumpster
The roll off dumpsters can also be rented for both residential and commercial properties.
|Fees for Roll Off Dumpster Rental|
|Haul Fee (Exchange Roll Off / Empty Roll Off)||$230.00|
|Final Pickup (Empty Roll Off / Return to Yard||$115.00|
|Landfill Fee Per Ton (Min of 3 Tons @ $35.00 Per Ton)||$105.00 (Minimum)|
|Monthly Rental||$100.00 Per Month|
|Daily Rental (Less Than 20 Days)||$5.00 Per Day|
* Deposit Required for all Residential/Commercial Roll Off Dumpster Rentals
How To Request A Roll Off Dumpster
Roll off dumpsters can be requested by contacting the Utility Department at City Hall, located at 1925 24th Street Snyder, TX 79549 or by calling 325-573-4960.
Rules for Roll Off Dumpsters
Violation of these rules will result in the loss of privileges to use the roll off. If prohibited items are found, the roll off will be returned and the customer will be required to remove the items.
Do Not Overfill the Roll Off Dumpster
Items should not be higher than the top of the dumpster side rails or hanging out of the roll off dumpster.
Customers Using the Roll Off Dumpster Can Not Pay Someone Else To Do The Work For Them
The roll off is for residential customers personal use only. Contracted or paid individuals are not allowed to use container. If you are the person being paid to do the work you may not use the roll off dumpster.
- Household Trash
- Asbestos Materials
- Liquid Waste
- Anti-Freeze, Solvents, Brake Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Cleaning Solvent, Polishes, Oven Cleaner, Pool Chemicals, Paint, Paint Thinner, Paint Stripper, Spray Paint, Weed Killer, Pesticides, Insecticides, Poisons, Gas, Motor Oil
- Automotive Batteries
- Automotive Oil Filters
- Extra Heavy Items (Concrete Blocks/Chunks, Rock, Dirt, Brick, Etc.)
Using Your Utility Bill
You can use your utility bill once a month to discard household items which are too bulky for the normal dumpster. This is an extension of your normal sanitation service, therefore, there is no extra cost associated when using your utility bill.
However, if the following is not adhered to, additional charges could apply and/or there could be refusal of certain items.
- Must Bring With You A Current City Of Snyder Utility Bill
- Billing Address Must Match Driver's License or I.D. Card Address
- This Service Is For Residential Customers Only
- Household Trash or Brush Only
- Refrigerators, Freezers, And Air Conditioners Not Accepted
- No Construction, Remodel, Or Demolition Materials
- Tires Are Not Accepted
Landfill Location And Hours Of Operation
The City of Snyder Landfill is located about four (4) miles east of Snyder near U.S. HWY 84.
3621 South FM 1673
Snyder, Texas 79549
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
1st Saturday of Each Month 8:00am to 11:30pm
What To Expect When You Arrive At The Landfill
Upon entering the landfill, you will come to a STOP SIGN before the scales. Please stop at the sign and take time to read all posted notice signs.
If someone is already on the scales ahead of you, continue to wait your turn.
Once the scales are completely clear of anyone else and it is your turn, proceed by pulling your vehicle SLOWLY onto the scales and then wait for further instructions from the scale attendant.
Posted Notice Sign Information
- STOP BEFORE ENTERING SCALES
- NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS
- NO BILLS LARGER THAN $20.00 ACCEPTED
- $15.00 SURCHARGE ON ALL UNSECURED LOADS
- WAIT UNTIL SCALES ARE CLEAR
- PROCEED SLOWLY ONTO SCALES AND WAIT FOR INSTRUCTIONS FROM SCALE ATTENDANT
- THIS FACILITY IS PROHIBITED FROM ACCEPTING HAZARDOUS WASTE OR CLASS 1 INDUSTRUAL WASTE. A PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY DELIVERS A PROHIBITED WASTE TO THIS FACILITY, WILL BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
- IN ACCORDANCE WITH TCEQ REGULATIONS ALL LOADS ENTERING THE LANDFILL MUST BE COMPLETELY SECURED (WITH A TARP OR NET) OR ADDITIONAL SURCHARGE OF $15.00 WILL BE, ADDED!
- THE FOLLOWING WASTE ARE PROHIBITED FROM DISPOSAL AT THIS FACILITY:
- LEAD ACID BATTERIES (AUTOMOTIVE)
- OIL (IN ANY FORM)
- USED OIL FILTERS
- WHOLE TIRES
- REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS, AIR CONDITIONERS OR ANY ITEMS CONTAINING CFC'S (FREON)
- LIQUID WASTE (EXCEPTIONS: GREASE / GRIT TRAP)
- SEPTAGE WASTE
- POLYCHLORINATED BIPHENYLS (PCB - FLORESCENT LIGHT BALLAST)
- RADIO ACTIVE MATERIALS
- NOTICE! ALL FEES MUST BE PAID BEFORE LEAVING LANDFILL. ANY PERSON WHO DOES NOT PAY WILL BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
Below are some common fees which the general public should find useful in delivering items to the landfill. It is not a comprehensive list of all fees and charges that the landfill operates with. For a complete list of all landfill fees or questions regarding the landfill, please contact the landfill directly at 325-573-8826.
All landfill charges are to be paid prior to disposal of any solid waste in landfill.
|Snyder Residents (Inside City Limits)||$33.50 / Per Ton||Minimum Charge (0 - 1,100 lbs.) $16.00|
|Non-Snyder Residents (Outside City Limits)||$38.00 / Per Ton||Minimum Charge (0 - 1,100 lbs.) $27.00|
|Disposal of Special Waste||$80.00 / Per Ton||Minimum Charge (0 - 1,600 lbs.) $60.00|
|Disposal of Asbestos-Containing Material (RACM)||$50.00 / Per Ton||Minimum Charge $50.00|
|Tires||Gate Fee is based on what the Transporter is charging the City to dispose of tires.|
|"Pull Off" Service||$40.00|
"Pull Off" is a service provided by landfill personnel and equipment to provide an anchor to allow the patron to affix the waste load to the anchor and driving from under the waste. This service will only be provided after the patron has signed a waiver indemnifying the City of Snyder for any damages and paying a fee of forty dollars ($40.00).
Secure Loads With Tarp or Net (TCEQ Regulation)
In accordance with TCEQ Regulations, all loads entering the Landfill must be completely secured with a tarp or net or an additional surcharge of $15.00 will be added.
The City of Snyder's Code of Ordinances is where the rules are located which Code Enforcement utilizes in keeping the City free of public nuisance violations.
A quick reference to those ordinances which the Code Enforcement Department utilizes the most are located to the left within the "Detailed Code Violations" heading.
You can find the complete City of Snyder Code of Ordinances here, or visit the "Code of Ordinances" under the City Government section located at the top of the page and selecting the Code of Ordinances link.